Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dear Utah Football:

Hello old friend! It's been a few months but today (hopefully if I get off work on time) we'll be reunited.
Remember all the good times we've had? I'm trying to remember all the times we've traveled together. New Orleans was by far the most exciting. Michigan, remember how surprised we were that I got to go?! The Poinsettia Bowl in '07 was fun, and the Emerald Bowl in 05 was a good win too! Las Vegas... luckily we don't have to go there again. But looks like we'll be stepping back in the Rose Bowl more frequently. The only highlight to that night was me getting to go on the field. But through it all you've always been there!
I hope you feel the same about me. I mean I was there in person for 'the pass', and when we hit the upright, and the TCU. I know I know. It was rough. But I couldn't leave you alone during that. But I was also there in person, when we lost count of Max Halls interceptions! Remember that? HA! That was tight! We were laughing so hard. And we've watched some great players go onto the NFL. Don't you miss Weddle? And good old P. Kruger! (Sigh) And what we wouldn't give to have Louie back!

Football.... there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about. . . I think, well, I think that I've changed. Now don't be sad. You still have so many great fans. Somethings just changed... Now don't worry we'll still see one another. I'll be at all the home games. I might even be coming to see you in your first PAC 12 debut! So see I still love you. But, I don't know it's just different. I hope you'll understand. It's hard to explain. It's not anything you've done. I promise, it's not you, it's me! Honestly! I'll always be here to support you. You'll just find that I may no longer be able to rattle off crazy statistics or players off the top of my head. Again it's nothing personal... It's me.

I'll always bleed red!
Much Love.
Me.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I must say that I'm proud! I'm glad you were so "in" to football, but I'm also glad to see you just enjoying it and not living it! :)