Saturday, May 19, 2012

Singlehood Saturday: Relentless



Tune in each Saturday for random stories from my single life.
The good, the bad, and the cute.

Relentless

So do you remember Bob? Go ahead and refresh if you need to. So two weeks ago I happen to sit in front of him at a meeting and after hearing that he had just gotten back from Israel I turned around slightly, ever so slightly, slapped his leg and said "No way! That's awesome." Apparently to Bob's understanding that was, a fond caressing of love and me saying "I missed you so much."


At the end of church Bob wished me a happy birthday and sent me on my way.


Tuesday (two days before my birthday) I miss a call from Bob. I'm with C.K. I sigh. C.K. and his roommate both agree that seeing as I set Bob up with a friend months ago he should probably get the hint. C.K. suggests that he come with me on the date. Answer the door when Bob comes to pick me up. Now that would be a good entry!


All Bob's message asked was to call him back. I did. He didn't answer. He called back when I was at work. I told him I couldn't answer and said "What's up." His response.


"Well I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and take you out to celebrate.(ice cream, dinner, activity." 


Now why couldn't he just say a date? Because all those options are very date-y. 


Here comes the brilliance of having a boy to go on dates with. 


I reply


"Thanks Bob, that's really nice of you. But I don't think the boy I'm dating would think that was very cool. :) Thanks anyway... You'll have to tell me about Israel sometime though. That's awesome."


I'll give you two guesses what Bob did... You only need one.


No response.


For his sake I ignored him on Sunday at church.


But I guess sometimes you just can't talk to certain people and just be their friend. I mean I make the loudest gesture there is in single dating land. Set him up with someone else!!! I mean for real! 

No comments: