Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dear Part Time Temporary Job:

Dear Part Time Temporary Job:

Well I just come out with it I guess. I will not miss you at all. Okay so maybe there are a few things I'll miss. For example. Working with my cousin. It's been really fun spending more time with her. Even if our interaction is always just through the inter-office instant messenger you provide. We've had some great times bonding over how much we dislike you. Sorry but it's true.
I'll also miss the funny things that type out during calls. For example, my personal favorite. What I actually said was
"Can you tell me when the appointment is?"
What typed up into the interpreter
"Kitty tummy when the appointment is?"
Bahahah! I laughed quite a bit when that came up.
I will also miss being able to communicate with my friends via the Internet during work. Since I don't get any human interaction while I'm working here it's been nice to have that kind of outlet.
Oh and working with one of my favorite friends from high school. That's been fun too. Oh and the pay was good for a part time job. And it was a good job to do homework while I trudged through grad school. But that's it!

You know what was the hardest part about you Part Time Temporary Job the feeling of being completely replaceable. I really felt as if I was of no worth here. No one even cares if you come into work 4 hours late. 4! FOUR! Really? No one cares? Hmm... that's weird. And then when I call someone for help do they help me? Nope! Just ignore me entirely. And really should it be IMPOSSIBLE to get time off? Don't most jobs allow you to have time off when you have to take a test to get your degree? Or go on vacation for the first time that year? Yes most jobs do. YOU do not! And oh the advice is just to go through the entire list of employees and ask them to take your shift one by one... yeah because we have so much time to do that. NOR do we have access to everyones names! Seriously think these things through.
ALSO a job where everyone just wants to move up because they can't stand what those of us do at the bottom of the totem pole... hmmm something is wrong with this picture. Then the people who move up tend to not think that they have to follow the same rules as us. Aren't they are exemplars? Shouldn't they set a good example of how we should be as employees instead of pushing their privileges to the point of breaking rules? Not okay!
And then after working here for 15 months all I request is to work more for you. Put in more hours during the times when you need people. And to no longer work Saturdays. Because, let's be honest working Saturdays just plain sucks. (I want to play with C.K.!) So I ask for that. More hours and no Saturdays. And what do you give me. 4 more hours a week and still Saturdays from 7:00-noon.... LIVID!
So here we are. I am leaving you. I didn't even give you two weeks notice. Now I'm blacklisted and never able to be hired with your awesome(cough) company again.
I'm heartbroken.(sarcasm)

Thanks for being my source of income when I needed one. But my gosh I'm glad I don't have to grace your awful cubicle and low treatment of me anymore.

Sincerely a completely lacking devotion former employee,
Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cami, great post! Yes, we must acknowledge that a job served its purpose but no shame in leaving this one. And I ESPECIALLY like that you are free Saturdays...I bet hanging out with C.K is so much fun. I bet he just loves spending all day Saturday with you too.