Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mono Memoirs: Day 5

Mono Memoirs
I have 'mono'
I shall blog

Day 5

Tips on what to do when you have mono.

I am an expert at this point. So I shall share some tips with you. 

1. Eat only soft foods. Turns out your throat is in tremendous amounts of pain and anything, I mean anything going down just kills.

2. Don't go far from your bed or a place to lie down. Turns out that just walking up some stairs wears you out.

3. Get some new movies before you've contracted the aforementioned virus. If you're like me you wont want to watch the ones you have. 

4. Don't watch movies with cute kissing scenes in them. Kissing is off limits when you have mono!

5. Text people and tell them you are sick. Then you'll have friends to keep you entertained through the all hours of the day... Well only partly entertained. Turns out that not everyone has as much time to kill as you do.

6. Be sure you have another job lined up before you just stop going to your current job... Who knows if you'll really go back at all at this point.

And last but not least

7. Schedule your infection with mono to come at just the right time. When you aren't starting a new job, when you're not fully immersed in grad school full time, when you're not in Disneyland, and when it's not your birthday. Turns out to be good timing. 


p.s. turns out for me mono isn't turning out to be that bad. Each day it gets a bit better. I am taking pretty dang good care of myself. But all in all it's not too bad... just a bit boring. 

No comments: