Saturday, July 23, 2011

Always reminded...

You know what is not fun. Thinking about myself. I hate it in fact. I miss the mission.

So as one might tell I have been thinking about myself a lot. It's forced upon me in some ways. But you know I just am done. Done done done! It's such a waste of time at this point. I think too much I find. So what's been replaying in my head over and over and over?

This quote.

“Dear Gordon, I have your recent letter. I have only one suggestion: forget yourself and go to work.” -pres. Hinckley's father.

This quote came to mind many times while serving my mission since that is when Pres. Hinckley received this advice. But you know I want to continue to apply it now.

So here I go.
"Dear Cami, I have your recent prayer. I have only one suggestion: forget yourself and go to work. Love, your Father in Heaven."

So that's what I shall do.

1 comment:

the duchess said...

We so miss you. We've got Elders now who are...shall we say perfectly adequate. We had them for dinner a few weeks ago and couldn't help but recognize how green they can be. They're supposed to have a baptism on Saturday so that's a blessing. Hope you're doing well and loving life back home. xoxo