Monday, March 14, 2011

Sitting

So the other day as I was driving home from work and I thought to myself . . ."where are we all going?" I know that I am headed home so that I can lie down before I have to leave again. But what about everyone else? Are we all just racing home from a job where we just sat for 8 hours in front of a computer to get home and sit down on the couch? I merely found it comical how we are so quick to get places just to sit down again. I mean aren't we sitting in our cars too! 
I realize now this take further reflection. Come to think of it why do we sit so much? Who invented the chair? Was this person a genius or someone that has molded us into a species that can't stand for long periods of time? Is it a way to confine us to a space for an allotted amount of time? I think it's time for an alternative. I've seen people sit on those exercise balls instead of chairs. Supposed to be good for your back, or your abs, or your butt or something. Maybe we should all look into kneeling! Or just raise our desks to waist height. Then we could stand all day! Now that would make sense to race home on the freeways so we'd be able to sit down! 
Hmmm... not sure I'll ever be able to get to the bottom of this. Perhaps I'll sit on it for awhile.

2 comments:

tiffany and darren said...

amen and lol!!

Mallary said...

I wonder that myself, as I SIT here thinking about how my pants seem to be getting smaller.