Saturday, April 14, 2012

Singlehood Saturday: Guidance

Tune in each Saturday for random stories from my single life.

The good, the bad, and the cute.

Guidance

Today unfortunately I do not have a funny/awkward dating story for you. But I came across some unexpected guidance on dating and for my own sake want to immortalize it on my blog. So you're welcome to stop reading right now.... or now. But I bet now I have you intrigued. It wont be long I promise.

Basically I just came across this...Bring Happiness into Courtship and Marriage on LDS.org and thought... Yes please! So instead of basically cutting and pasting the entire posting from their website. I'll just encourage y'all to go check it out yourself.

But I will copy and paste this part...

“Do you want capability, safety, and security in dating and romance, in married life and eternity?” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles asks. “Be a true disciple of Jesus. Be a genuine, committed, word-and-deed Latter-day Saint. Believe that your faith has everything to do with your romance, because it does. You separate dating from discipleship at your peril. Jesus Christ, the Light of the World, is the only lamp by which you can successfully see the path of love and happiness.”

I have experienced this truth. That my faith has everything to do with my romance. I've had specific prayers answered in regard to dating. I've felt the Fathers joy for me when things go well. I've felt His heart breaking when mine does. I've felt His desire to give me my righteous desires, and His heart aching because he cannot simply just give me what I want. You know, that whole agency thing.

I do not know everything. But I do know this. Heavenly Father yearns to be a part of our lives. All parts. Especially the ones that affect us eternally. And oh how comforting it is to know that you have got a God on your side through those parts of life.





No comments: