Saturday, March 3, 2012

Singlehood Saturday: Online Dating

Tune in each Saturday for random stories from my single life.
The good, the bad, and the cute.

Online Dating.
(yes. yes. I did)

None of you married folk can understand the feeling of signing up for LDSSingles.com. This is a feeling I'm grateful you never have to experience. Was I forced to do it... Yes! in a way. Why? Boys are dumb and don't ask girls out(except you C.K.) And I have been set up on so many blind dates lately that I decided I'd rather choose my blind dates... (Again I make things clear, NOT DESPERATE. Just tired of lame guys you meet conventionally-minus you C.K.)
Well it's slim pickins my friends. Slim pickins. And it's no different than dating in real life. You see a cute boy. You 'flirt'. They don't react. You feel dumb.
Not so cute boy sees you. He 'flirts'. You don't react. You quickly realize "Hmmm maybe I'm not as cute as I though." (Nah we know that's not true. haha)
You get messages like "Are you interested in chatting?" Um, no not so much you 45 year old man who's never been married. Sorry but technically you could be my father. A very very young father, but still.
And let's be honest not every single guy in the area can be "Fun, easy going, love to laugh, and just looking for a great girl." Seriously, we're not all easy going all the time. Nor are we fun all the time. I almost want to change my profile to say this...

Hi. So I am pretty fun, and chill most of the time but when I get tired I am not someone you want to mess with. Sure I enjoy doing fun things and going out in the outdoors like the rest of you, but you know sometimes, especially after a long week, I really enjoy my sweats to putting on skinny jeans and going out. Whereas I am pretty positive most of the time and easy to smile, I really hate having to put on an 'act' while I'm getting to know someone. I am very forgiving, but if I find out you lie to me in any way... well that's not good. Most the time I'm not picky about what we do. I enjoy most activities and make things fun, but if I tell you that I don't want to do something, well listen to me and don't try and talk me into it. I love sports. Honestly I do. But, maybe we don't have to watch sportscenter all the time and see the same stories from four different angles. Maybe we can turn the tv off and actually do something. And just like you the gospel is the most important thing to me, so don't be surprised if I choose it over you. Have a good day!

Now that would be some great online dating...

Tune in next week for "The Arabic Teacher"

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love this post. Great profile write up. I have actually signed up for ldssingles back in the day. I may have gone on one blind date and it was pretty lame-o. Good luck. Dating sucks sometimes.

the duchess said...

Good luck, girl. Hope it works better for you than it did for me. That's how I met my ex-fiance. Enough said. ;o)