Saturday, March 24, 2012

Singlehood Saturday: "I always have to be right."

Tune in each Saturday for random stories from my single life.
The good, the bad, and the cute
 
"I always have to be right"
 
I shall preface this blind date. A friend of mine from school came to class one night and said "So I went out with this guy this last weekend and the whole time I kept thinking that you would have so much fun with him. Can I give him your number and have him call you?"
Me: "For real? That's not weird or anything? You just went out with him."
Friend: "Yeah but I don't care. I'm not interested so might as well pass him off to someone that he would get along with better."
I just laughed and agreed.
About a week went by and he called me. Easy to talk to on the phone. Seemed nice enough. So I told my friend that I heard from him and we were going out and she says "You know the more I get to know him the more I think that you're too good for him."
Um... Okay. Well this should be interesting.
 
Fast forward to the date.
 
Still easy to talk with. We had some similar interests. Then we got talk about football and sort of had a disagreement. It went on for a bit and finally I made a strong point and said "There! I win." and started laughing.  I could tell I took him off guard but he seemed okay with it.
 
Fast forward to drive home.
 
He somehow told me that he loved it when I said "I win." He goes on to tell him how competitive he is and how he always has to win and be right. He explained his reactions during conversations with people that he wont even consider their point of view. He'll just argue his point until he wins. And then later he'll think back on what they said and then change his mind if he agrees with things they said but never tell the person.
 
This went on for a little longer and I'm thinking... "Um. You are almost bragging about qualities in yourself I've worked very hard to get rid of in me. Yeah. Not so attractive my friend."
 
Needless to say we didn't go out again. I wish this guy luck though. I mean I'm all supportive of knowing who you are and just being that... but... maybe don't flaunt your unattractive qualities on the first date. Just a thought.
 
Next week: The secret to dating.

1 comment:

hatch family said...

love your stories! keep them coming!