Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Is it good for man[kind] to be alone?"

I found myself in a very frustrating situation and I was finding myself quickly becoming frustrated.
I hated it. 
I stopped myself from escalating that wretched feeling that starts in the back of my stomach.  I recognized that the situation was not caused intentionally, and I really did not need to be getting upset. I recalled a time when I would not have gotten upset.  I missed those days. 
Correction. 
I miss me as I was during those days. 

I had time to think more about how I got to be a bit less unlike that girl I worked so hard to become.  I liked her very much.  Luckily I still see her in myself quite often.  However, with the ever increasing amount of time I have to spend with myself, thinking about myself, working on my goals, thinking about my school, about my soon to be career... well it's far easier to slip from that girl I was able to once be.

I've been single for some time now.  I do not mind. 
Much. 
I am very happy.  I do not sulk.  Nor do I think I'm doomed to be alone the rest of my life.  I'd consider myself a healthy single person. 
However, after this moment of amounting frustration and me realizing that I wasn't quite 'myself' lately I thought "This, this is why we have families.  So that on days when it's just that much harder to work hard we have someone else to work hard for."
It is far easier to get out of bed early when you're getting up early because someone else is counting on you.  It is far easier to keep a promise to someone you love more than it is to keep a promise to yourself.
So being alone I understand how truly vital it is for us not to be alone.  How much easier it is to fight and stand up for the right things in life when you are fighting with someone else. When someone else is depending on you to fight with them. To stand up with them. So they don't have to stand up alone.  

"No. It is not good for man[kind] to be alone..."

1 comment:

Life Is What We Make It! said...

Awww, Cami- I am so sorry you're feeling a little down in the dumps. I miss you. I know there is someone awesome for you... you are amazing. That's why I set you up with my brother. I want someone amazing like you to be happy.