Friday, May 13, 2011

Good week.

So it was my birthday this past week. I had nothing really thrilling planned,  however I was determined to have a good day. I purchased ridiculous decorations and this awesome cardboard imagine thing ----> Don't you love it? Everyone participated! Also I started a new tradition for my dads birthday month back, "Birthday Pinatas!" I completely decapitated the unicorn! It was such a great night with the people I love the most around me laughing and having fun! The majority of the day was pretty calm, but I felt so happy and grateful for so many wonderful people in my life.
                  
Each year on my birthday I go back and think what was the main thing that I had learned in the past year. I  make a yearly journal posting. This year however, was different. I felt that I should instead reflect on who I've become as a whole over these past 20 some odd years of my life. It was quite a unique experience. I mainly focused on the things I've overcome. Mentally, physically, and mostly spiritually. It also helped point out to me the areas I still need to work on. Those things that haven't really changed compared to all the things that have. Life truly is an amazing thing. We start out as these little beings not knowing a thing, and have the potential to become, well whatever we want. It's kind of thrilling if you think about it. And thanks to wonderful people and a merciful Father in Heaven we can truly become better each day.

No comments: