Friday, June 10, 2011

How are prayers answered....

So I had an interesting revelation on how generous our Father in Heaven can be. (this is not to brag. But to glory in the fact that we have a loving Father in Heaven)

So for months now I've been looking for a good reliable car. The one I purchased when I came home has now broken 3 times and though it's a good car I no longer felt like fixing it. So I was looking for a small car, good mileage, not too expensive. I prayed for this. I told the Lord what I was looking for. I wanted to feel safe in a car and not worry.
I found a few cars that fit my criteria but every time I'd contact them things would get in the way. It was just so difficult and nothing was working. I was always very nervous about it and never sure of my choice. I didn't want to buy something from someone I couldn't trust.
Well one day about 3 weeks ago I see this awesome car. One that didn't fit my criteria but one that I've always wanted. I check it out and it was a great deal. So I email the seller, worrying, because there is no other information or way to contact the seller.
I quickly get an email back with it saying...
'Cami from Hillcrest?'
Turns out that the seller was a good friend of mine from high school! Oh my gosh it was so funny! So we arranged a time to test drive it. I fell in love and I bought it two days later!

So I was thinking about this. I didn't get what I prayed for. I wanted something with a lot less miles. However, I wasn't thrilled about the cars I was looking for. They were just practical. So instead I got a car that I just love! At such a good price. My friend told me that had I not contacted her when I did that they would have taken it off and then put it on for more money. It was such answer to prayers. It's just wonderful that when I was praying for something practical that I would have liked to have, I got something still practical that I love having.

So then I reflected on all the other times I got something that I wasn't expecting, but praying for in a way. I find it amazing and very peaceful that we have someone so wise and caring involved in our lives. I miss being a full time missionary and seeing tiny miracles every day. Simple ones, like praying at 7:30 at night to be inspired to go to a home that someone would let you  in so that you can be obedient and 'work' all night. And immediately having someone pop in your head. You go to their house, the lights are all off, but you tentatively walk up to the door trusting that what you thought was inspired. Then a kind women opens the door and lets you in...Simple things like that. I know they can happen more and more. I just must be failing at being available to be apart of them. I'll be working on this for sure.

2 comments:

Mallary said...

Thanks Cami.

Tyler and Emily said...

yay!! This made my day to read..so glad it worked out for you to get the car! It was was meant to be:)