Monday, June 6, 2011

19 and 3

19 years ago today I was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and 3 years ago today I made another covenant with my Father in Heaven in his temple upon receiving my endowment.

Because the power of God was restored to the earth, I have had the gift of the holy ghost with me for 19 years now. Therefore making it difficult to fully appreciate what it is to live without it. However, as I think back over the years I recognize many small moments I have been guided by the Holy Ghost to make choices that would keep me in line with what my Father in Heaven wants for me. As I look back, I can see how my life has taken shape and stayed on course back to live with my Father in Heaven again.... I wish there was a word to express gratitude more than the word 'grateful' I just don't feel it does it justice. I feel it's this gratitude that is eternal. A debt almost. Something I want so badly to repay, but the more I try to give back,  I then receive even more. Therefore it's never ending.

As I relive the day I got to receive my endowment, I see that time of my life as such a turning point. I feel that the past three years have been extremely pivotal to who I am today and who I now want to become.

I marvel in the blessings of this gospel and the truths that we have on the earth today. I am secure in my knowledge that we have the power of God once again on the earth today. And because of that power we are able to participate in the necessary ordinances to ensure our return to Him. For Christ said "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be aborn of bwater and of the cSpirit, he cannot denter into the kingdom of God." By being baptised by the same authority that our savior was baptised, I can have the comfort in knowing that if I live in accordance with his commandments I can enter into the Kingdom of God. Nothing brings me more peace. And this never ending feeling of eternal gratitude.

So for me June 6th is a great day!

No comments: