Monday, January 10, 2011

Post post post

So it turns out that when I have to make decisions I don't tend to have much to say. I get a bit pre-occupied. But finally I have a life update for ya'll.
I am starting school again! It's a bit weird the idea of being in class all over again. But I'm determined to do really well this time around. I'll be working towards a graduate degree. Never thought that would happen. But I'm very excited. If anyone has any information on financial aid I could really use the help!
I am in another play. You'll be able to see me dance and sing about in 'Hairspray' at Centerpoint Legecy Theatre in Centerville. My first show is Feb 15th and it runs till March 12th. I'm in the T/H/S cast. It's going to be great!
So with school, this play and a part time job on the way I'm going to be busy. YAHOO!!!!

Now to share something with you . . . I am not good at goals. Setting and accomplishing. I look back on my life and I haven't really had too many goals. So today I decided to read more about goals and how to accomplish things better. In the handy dandy book PMG it simply says about setting goals, "Goals reflect the desires of our hearts and our vision of what we can accomplish. Through goals and plans, our hopes are transformed into action." There is one word that really stuck out to me. VISION. There lies my problem. There are so many things I want to do in life but more often then not I just don't 'see' myself doing it. So that is going to change! I'm sure it will take some changing the way I think, which will be difficult most likely, but it's going to be worth it! Elder Ballard said "When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference int he results he attains in this life." I hope that your 'new years resolutions' or goals can be met this year! Bring it on 2011!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Cam! I got this awesome handout on goal setting on my mission and it has forever changed the way I view setting and accomplishing them. It is fabulous and I'd be happy to email it to you if you are interested. Just face book me or something. You're pretty.

Karen said...

YAY for school! I'm impressed! i hope it goes well for you.